Social Venture Circle Manager of Communications & Marketing
Social Venture Circle (SVC), formerly Investors’ Circle-Social Venture Network (IC-SVN) has 57 years of combined experience leading the way in the field of social impact and continues to build and galvanize the business world to create social, economic, and environmental change for all. SVC was established as one of the earliest and most influential peer networks, helping to grow some of the most successful social enterprises in history (Ben & Jerry's, The Body Shop, KIND). SVC has also facilitated over $220 million of investment dollars into more than 330 early-stage social ventures (ZipCar, Stonyfield, Honest Tea). Additionally, SVC has incubated and supported many of the most important social impact organizations and maintains those strategic partnerships while leading the field towards a shared vision. With six decades of experience and an extensive community of pioneering impact investors and entrepreneurs, SVC continues to build and galvanize the business world to create social, economic, and environmental change for all.
The organizations merged in January of 2018 and SVC has staff in Boston, Boulder/Denver, Durham, New York, Philadelphia and the San Francisco/Bay Area.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Manager of Communications and Marketing leads SVC’s internal and external communications and marketing strategy and implementation. This position guides the team in maximizing SVC’s visibility, thought leadership, media and storytelling efforts, continually looking for creative ways to communicate SVC offerings and services. This position reports to the Executive Director and works with the entire staff to support organization-wide initiatives.
This position can be based anywhere in the United States and the Manager of Communications and Marketing will work from a home office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications & Marketing Strategy
• Guide SVC’s communications and marketing strategy, leading and informing the team via updates at tactical meetings and one-on-one interactions around organizational programs and services, and during learning sessions at team retreats
• Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual strategic communications plan that is integrated across the organization and its audiences
• Manage SVC’s content calendar and drive creative content for electronic and print communications, collateral, newsletters, public relations, press releases, blogs, social media, etc.
• Lead SVC storytelling, equipping the team and members to be effective spokespeople and brand ambassadors
• Work with the team and Board to integrate SVC communication strategies and organizational branding
Communications & Marketing Execution
• Oversee organizational content and communication to ensure consistency with organizational voice and strategic communications plan
• Produce and distribute all organizational communications, including electronic and print communications, collateral, newsletters, public relations, blogs, social media, press releases, etc.
• Manage SVC’s PR and media relations, cultivating and managing press relationships and providing content to press outlets and media partners
• Manage, participate, and lead SVC social media accounts, training all staff as needed and keeping constituents informed of news, events, and thought leadership in the space
• Manage SVC website and web presence, interfacing with the team on content and vendors on development
• Manage marketing and communication platforms, including Mailchimp, Eventbrite, etc.
• Manage marketing and communications vendor relationships, including with graphic designers, web developers, video producers, etc.
• Develop and track marketing and communications performance metrics
• Design, develop, and implement marketing and communications systems and processes that support local network communications and connect local networks to SVC’s national network
• Train new Local Network Managers on marketing and communications strategies and systems, and provide ongoing engagement around best practices and collaborative communication opportunities
• Supply Local Network Managers with marketing collateral, content, and other resources to serve as SVC brand ambassadors
• Work with Local Network Managers to develop local network communications plans and deliver consistent, brand-aligned communications in local network regions
• Ensure local network visibility on the web and in electronic and print communications, collateral, newsletters, public relations, blogs, social media, etc.
Experience and Skills Required:
· 5+ years relevant work experience in social media & digital marketing
· Preference for experience/knowledge of the social impact sector
· Experience with MailChimp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Salesforce, Google Suite, SLACK and Eventbrite highly preferred
· Experience directly managing digital campaigns/programs – from conception to execution and measurement
· Experience managing digital marketing budget
· Experience working with PR, media and creative agencies
· Experience working with press outlets, publications, photographers and videographers
· Experience pitching stories to Press
· Undergraduate degree within Business, Marketing, Advertising or Communications
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Capable of working with multiple departments/disciplines around common goals
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to travel as needed
Target salary for the position is $85-90k plus a competitive benefits package.
SVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 11/30/18 but applications will be considered immediately. We will contact qualified candidates.
Executive Assistant to Executive Director and Development Coordinator
Investors’ Circle-Social Venture Network (IC-SVN) has 57 years of combined experience leading the way in the field of social impact and continues to build and galvanize the business world to create social, economic, and environmental change for all. The organizations merged in January of 2018.
Position Profile - ED Executive Assistant (75%) and Development Coordinator (25%)
This is a new opportunity based in the Peninsula of Northern California. The position is a daily direct report to the Executive Director with intermittent interaction with other Directors and the IC SVN Bay Area Local Network Manager. The candidate must be willing to work from home with two-three days a week in a shared office facility (work hub) located near the ED (Silicon Valley Area).
This position will oversee and manage office procedures and other tasks as assigned by the ED. This position requires independent work with minimal supervision while juggling multiple projects quickly and efficiently. You must have excellent time management and organizational skills. The successful candidate will possess strong attention to detail, high energy and flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization. This individual must be able to represent the Executive team with professional courtesy and acumen as well as strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Development research includes investigating grant opportunities as part of the business development team and contributing to building a grant pipeline. IC-SVN encourages candidates with enthusiasm for the mission of the organization and with a willingness to learn to apply.
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Oversee general office and schedule planning / organization for ED
- Manage and meet all administrative support needs of ED including preparation of documents, presentations, meeting materials, detailed itineraries and reports
- Manage ED schedule, email, calendar, calls and time management assistance
- Manage incoming email communication and prioritization for ED
- Assistance with expense tracking and reporting, travel planning (working with a travel agency)
- Create and edit presentations for Board of Directors meetings and other ED projects
- Online research and reporting for various ED directed projects
- Interact seamlessly with East Coast Operations Admin and other IC-SVN personnel as needed
- Occasional travel to national conferences, retreats and other organization events
- On occasion, act as Event Manager or liaison to an event manager for off-site meetings; including site selection, proposal and contract negotiations, travel arrangements, presentation preparation, catering, and other related logistics
- Work alongside West Coast sponsors and collaborators on Bay Area Local Network projects as needed
- Research national grant prospects from foundation, corporate and institutional donors that support IC-SVN strategic initiatives for consideration
- Identify 2-5 funding opportunities to explore monthly, working alongside all staff to fill a Grant Pipeline for the organization with a goal of $2-5M in annual grant support to supplement membership dues and additional revenue strategies
- Enter, track, and maintain funding prospects with IC SVN development team.
- Potential areas for support and exploration include:
Place-based impact communities
Sector focused deep dives
Minority and Women-Owned Business Support and Impact Communities
Education sessions regarding impact investing and entrepreneurship
Impact Enterprise Mentorship
We are seeking a candidate with the following characteristics:
- Excellent people interaction skills and verbal communication skills, particularly phone skills.
- A high level of common sense judgment and intelligence.
- The highest level of professionalism; a poised professional personal presentation, reflecting confidence and self-assurance
- A pleasant, friendly, engaging, personal demeanor with a frictionless, personal interaction style. A sense of humor in a fast paced environment is a must.
- Deferential, direct, diplomatic, tactful and effective personal communication skills.
- Support and engagement for the social impact mission of IC-SVN evidenced by effort and extension, being an excellent brand ambassador in all aspects.
- Ability to take direction and execute successfully, with flexibility for fluid change if necessary.
- A strong attention to detail competency.
- Heavy calendaring and scheduling tasking, with demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and multitasking skills to address ongoing priority revisions and potential changes.
- Strong organizational skills both in terms of self-organization and organizing the ED
- Strong verbal and phone skills
- Strong written, editing and composition skills
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization in writing and verbally
- Solid MS Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Google documents, applications and calendar as well as Salesforce contact and reporting support for Executive Director
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Minimum 5 years experience with references
- Bachelor’s Degree, in business or other related field desirable or equivalent work experience
- Strong familiarity with social impact space preferred
More About IC-SVN:
IC-SVN was established as one of the earliest and most influential peer networks, helping to grow some of the most successful social enterprises in history (Ben & Jerry's, The Body Shop, KIND). IC-SVN has also facilitated over $220 million of investment dollars into more than 330 early-stage social ventures (ZipCar, Stonyfield, Honest Tea). Additionally, IC-SVN has incubated and supported many of the most important social impact organizations and maintains those strategic partnerships while leading the field towards a shared vision. With six decades of experience and an extensive community of pioneering impact investors and entrepreneurs, IC-SVN continues to build and galvanize the business world to create social, economic, and environmental change for all.
IC-SVN has staff in Boston | Boulder-Denver | Durham | New York | Philadelphia | San Francisco (Bay Area)
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com