Investors’ Circle is the largest and most active early-stage impact-investing network in the world. Together with hundreds of angels, venture capitalists, foundations and family offices, IC has propelled over $200 million into more than 330 for-profit enterprises dedicated to improving the environment, education, health, and community. IC is a nonprofit organization that cultivates its membership of accredited investors, attracts and vets impact enterprises, and brings investors and entrepreneurs together at local meetings and national events to facilitate investment.
The Program Associate supports the development of local investor communities and local investment activity. The Associate coordinates local network infrastructure and logistics for a portion of IC’s local networks (IC currently has local networks in Philadelphia, New York City, Boston, DC, North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham), and Colorado (Denver/Boulder)) as well as collaboration across networks. The Associate also builds local relationships with investors, entrepreneurs, and industry players. This Program Associate position will be based in Philadelphia, PA, and will report to the Director of Strategic Programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Local Network Development
· Research local network markets and landscape local entrepreneurship and investment players
· Attend events, maintain visibility for IC, and build local relationships with investors, entrepreneurs, pipeline partners, and sponsors
· Engage with prospective entrepreneur applicants and coordinate local network deal flow pipeline and entrepreneur selection with Investment Manager and Investor Engagement Manager
· Engage with prospective investor members and coordinate investor contact management and membership recruitment with IC staff and local network leadership
Local Network Pitch Meeting Coordination
· Participant Experience
o Manage pre-meeting investor outreach and invitations
o Select, invite and engage with presenting entrepreneurs, providing preparatory information, and ensuring submission of required materials
o Manage post-meeting communications with investors and entrepreneurs, including investor feedback and due diligence proceedings
o Manage relationships and meeting logistics with hosts and vendors
o Travel to meeting locations and manage on site logistics
o Facilitate local network meetings
Local Network Operations
· Maintain relationships with IC members in local network regions, track and support member engagement, and support membership renewal process
· Work with the Investment Manager and Investor Engagement Manager to track local network due diligence and syndicate deals across local networks and to the broader IC network
· Support local network leadership strategy and leadership committees in local network regions
· Liaise with IC’s Marketing & Communications Manager around local network marketing strategy, web pages, meeting invitations, social media activity, and event promotion
· Work with the team to implement, evaluate, and improve IC’s local network strategy and programs
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Commitment to the promotion of business as a positive force in society and strong interest in impact entrepreneurship and investing
· Undergraduate degree and 2-5 years work experience
· Strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner
· Willingness to travel frequently (anticipated up to 40%), attend events, and learn about players in the early-stage investing, entrepreneurship, and impact investing space
· A positive, can-do attitude, high degree of initiative, sense of humor, and ability to work collaboratively with a creative, entrepreneurial team
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and tech savvy (experience with Salesforce.com a plus)
Investors’ Circle offers competitive compensation, benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. You will find a culture that supports and inspires achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The priority deadline January 27, 2017; however, we will accept applications until the position is filled. No calls please. IC is an equal opportunity employer.