JOIN THE IC TEAM -- APPLY TO BE OUR NEXT INTERN!
We seek a paid intern to conduct in-depth investor research in the social finance/impact investing space and aid in administrative support. The position will work closely with Director level staff and will be helping the organization become smarter at prioritizing investor leads and following up with past entrepreneurs. This internship provides exposure to the most active investor group within social entrepreneurship, while engaging with a dynamic team in the American Underground, the start-up hub in downtown Durham.
Throughout the course of the position, the intern will become fluent in Salesforce, the dominant CRM tool in the marketplace. Candidates should be prepared to devote approximately 10-15 hours a week during the Spring semester, with potential for summer work as well. This role is perfect for a current undergraduate student who is looking to gain on the ground experience in the fast growing industry of impact investing and social enterprise.
- Research investors in specific geographies and sectors
- Reach out to potential investors through social media
- Enter contacts accurately, quickly, and to our specifications, in IC’s CRM platform
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly organized and task orientated
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to efficiently complete data entry and other critical administrative tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Interested in conducting research and is comfortable reaching out to individuals outside of our current network
- A positive, can-do attitude and sense of humor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a creative, entrepreneurial team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, LinkedIn and quick to learn new tech platforms (experience with Salesforce.com a plus).
LOCATION & HOW TO APPLY
The position is located in Durham, NC and candidates should be able to come to the office. Specific hours are flexible within a typical M-F, 9-5 work week. We anticipate this to be a 10-15 hour/ week job, paid an hourly rate. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 31, 2015. No calls please.