Investors’ Circle is the largest and most active early-stage impact-investing network in the world. Together with hundreds of angels, venture capitalists, foundations and family offices, IC has propelled over $200 million into more than 330 for-profit enterprises dedicated to improving the environment, education, health, and community. IC is a nonprofit organization that cultivates its membership of accredited investors, attracts and vets impact enterprises, and brings investors and entrepreneurs together at local meetings and national events to facilitate investment.
This position provides exposure to the most active early-stage impact investor group, while engaging with a dynamic team in the American Underground, downtown Durham’s start-up hub. The Operations Associate provides critical behind-the-scenes support to maximize IC’s effectiveness in meeting its mission.
The Operations Associate ensures that an efficient and productive infrastructure and working environment is in place to optimize Investors’ Circle’s (IC) operational effectiveness. The Operations Associate manages IC’s data and CRM systems; provides administrative and marketing support for the Executive Director and team; and manages the organization’s infrastructure, including office space, technology, vendors, and supplies. The position is based at IC’s Durham headquarters office. The Operations Associate reports to the Executive Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage IC’s Salesforce database, including protocols, entry systems and reports
· Work to continuously improve IC’s use of Salesforce, including improvement of existing systems and identification, development, and implementation of new systems
· Manage the membership, entrepreneur, and investment process systems and entries in Salesforce
· Develop and generate reports to meet internal and external data and reporting needs
· Monitor the database for consistency, redundancy and errors and make corrections
· Provide general data entry support for the IC team
· Train and support the IC team on Salesforce use and general data management needs
Administrative and marketing support
· Serve as the Executive Director’s administrative assistant, including email triage and calendaring
· Assist team members with live and virtual meeting and event preparation, including scheduling, material preparation and supplies
· Assist team members with the member onboarding and renewal process
· Provide basic bookkeeping support, including processing invoices and deposits
· Support production of financial and grant reports
· Support grant invoicing and reporting
· Support marketing systems, including website, event platform, and collateral updates, and email outreach
· Field general information inquiries
Operational infrastructure and systems
· Manage the organization’s infrastructure, including office space, technology, technology platforms, and general vendor relationship management
· Work with team members on tech platform and other service evaluation, selection and implementation
· Troubleshoot difficulties with IC’s technical systems
· Maintain a pleasant, neat and clean office environment
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Undergraduate degree, business-related field a plus
· Work experience, preferably in a small business or nonprofit organization
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to efficiently complete data entry and other critical administrative tasks with a high level of accuracy
· Highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
· Positive, problem–solving attitude and continuous improvement orientation
· High degree of initiative and responsibility
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Sense of humor and capacity to work and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment
· Technically savvy, experienced in working with and managing databases; Salesforce experience a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office; Wordpress experience a plus; Quickbooks experience a plus
· Familiarity with and interest in social entrepreneurship and impact investing a plus
Investors’ Circle offers competitive compensation, benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. You will find a culture that supports and inspires achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is November 4, 2016. No calls please. IC is an equal opportunity employer.